Thursday, January 17, 2013

Italy at Gallery Perth

So on Tuesday I went to Ottawa, and on my way home I stopped in at Gallery Perth, in beautiful Perth Ontario.  It's a wonderful gallery, and situated in an old mill (Code's Mill) right next to Perth Picture Framing, and across from the picturesque river Tay.  The mill is occupied by a a restuarant; Fiddleheads,  a coffee shop; Coutts Coffee, a gift shop; Ground Waves, and a hairdressers; The Curly Redhead as well as some other business offices.  There is a large indoor limestone courtyard with flagstones and a fountain where you can relax with a cup of joe or order lunch. A delightful spot to spend a couple of hours.  The gallery is run by the owner of Perth Picture Framing.

It had been since last summer that I had taken new works to the gallery.  Veronica had sold, but I knew it was time to change things up a bit; so  I decided to take her a group of paintings that were on an Italian theme.  Some watercolours and some oils.  Veronica didn't mind the mix, and I think she was glad of some new things for her gallery. 

Here's the group of Italian paintings now on display at Gallery Perth.  Besides the Italian group there are also 3 of my large 'Wetland' series at the gallery as well.  If you're looking for an enjoyable day trip, consider a drive to Perth, Ontario and visit Codes Mill and Gallery Perth!





2 comments:

Go ahead...make my day. I love our mini-mails!