Thursday, December 12, 2013

December Market

December Market - 9 x 12 - oil on gessobord panel
Chilly last night... but with my studio radiator cranked up I was cozy working on this little painting. Lots of wreaths and greenery for sale at the market in December.  I have subdued the green in the sky to give more of a frosty feel. It was fun painting with the light tints, sort of like adding frosting to a cake.
I was supposed to go to Ottawa last night, but am going today instead. Better to drive during daylight and not in snow squalls, which was the weather in Ottawa last night.  

6 comments:

  1. Hi Sally,

    Love this painting. I think you should do a book on Kingston. You capture it so well. Quite the winter so far isn't it! I mean quite a lot of winter so far.

    XOXOXO Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barbara! Thanks for your comment...I did actually do a little book on Kingston featuring my paintings a couple of years ago. It's called "I Spy a Sailing City". Yes the winter is a doozy this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sally, This painting is magical!
    Your wonderful talent comes through in this piece!
    So very, very good!
    Happy New Year!
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year to you Michael, thanks for your encouraging comments!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...make my day. I love our mini-mails!