Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Camellia's for mum

Camellia's - oil on canvas - 30 x 30" - $900
"On-wards!"  
That is an expression my mother used all the time!  She would say it after a cup of coffee & the newspaper, while hoisting herself from her chair, she would say it when she jumped out of bed in the mornings; she summoned it loudly and joyfully!  I came to know that it meant she intended to go forward in some way to tackle a project or the day or the next few minutes with renewed vigor.
This painting was languishing in my studio for the past few weeks needing some sort of resolution.  I was all out of ideas for where to go next with it.  I kept procrastinating for two reasons, one was a good one, it needed to dry before I worked into it again, but that only let me off the hook for a week or so...the other reason was I really didn't know what to do next! 
That's when I realized that I was totally missing the point.  Painting is not always about knowing what to do next.  It's about allowing the play to begin, and trusting it's enough,  finding my way for a few more hours or minutes or whatever my heart thinks is right for now.    I squeezed out my paint.  "Onwards!"  I could hear those words plainly in my mind's ear.  It will be my mother's birthday tomorrow, she always liked the fact that she and the Queen were born on the same day (2 years apart).  My mother would have been 92!
 

10 comments:

  1. Hi Sally,
    I love this post, and I know I would have loved your mother. You are definitely her daughter -- a creative soul, and a super positive person. Onwards! Love it. Beautiful painting. I've been having the same chats with myself. It feels so wonderful to hear this stories from fellow artists.

    XOXOXOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm glad you enjoyed my prose Barbara, I thought maybe other artists might relate. It's comforting to know we all go through this.

      Delete
  2. Such a lovely painting. Your mom sounds like she was an amazing person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Lynn, thanks so much for your nice comment. My mum was amazing, i miss her everyday.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This painting is breathtaking! Beautiful! Did you paint from reference from Victoria? Reminds me of my morning walks to work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm glad you like it Holly! it was inspired by the morning walks to work with you in the spring, all those wonderful Camellia's in bloom. i have a feeling that when I move to Vic, I could paint only flowers !! They are so inspiring, I never take flowers for granted. I know you dont either. xoxo

      Delete
  5. I want someone here suffering from any disease to heal from my story after Hiv disease for the last 3 years and having hard to eat and cough are nightmares,especially the first year. At this stage, the immune system is severely weakened, and the risk of contracting opportunistic infections is much greater. However, not everyone with HIV will go on to develop AIDS. The earlier you receive treatment, the better your outcome will be.I started taking ARV to avoid early death but I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.As a Hiv patient we are advise to be taking antiretroviral treatments to reduce our chance of transmitting the virus to others , few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information on Hiv treatment with herbal medicine, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from Hiv her name was Achima Abelard and other Herpes Virus patient Tasha Moore also giving testimony about this same man,Called Dr Itua Herbal treatment.I was moved by the testimony and i contacted him by his Email.drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ www.drituaherbalcenter.com. We chatted and he send me a bottle of herbal medicine I drank it as he instructed me to.After drinking it he ask me to go for a test that how i ended my suffering life of Hiv patent,I'm cured and free of Arv Pills.I'm forever grateful to him Doctor Itua Herbal Treatment..He assured me he can cure the following disease..Hiv,Cancer,Herpes Virus,Hpv,Pile,Weak Erection,Lyme Disease,Epilepsy,Glaucoma.,Brain Tumor,psoriasis, Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease
     ,Diabetes,Fibroid.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...make my day. I love our mini-mails!