Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Prince Edward Island roadie


watercolour 30 x 22" sold
oil on canvas 40" x 30"  sold
Road trip!  Woohoo!!   Prince Edward Island is one of the prettiest corners of Canada, so I didn't really have to think about it much back in June when my friend Sherry suggested a painting trip there in September.  We're renting a cottage at Cape Wolfe...at the western end of the island overlooking the top end of the Northumberland Strait.  Hoping for good outdoor painting weather, but actually we dont really care...it will just be awesome to have a whole week to concentrate on painting whatever moves us.  Here's two commissions I've recently finished...one oil and one watercolour.

5 comments:

  1. Love the commissions and how wonderful to take a road trip now.
    Say Hi to the east coast for me.

    There's a super antique shop in Victoria. I think you'd love it.

    XOXO Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like it will be a wonderful trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Barbara, thanks@! I'll keep my eyes peeled for antique shops, who doesn't love em?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sally, Wow, these are both so beautiful! How clever are you being so good at watercolours too?!
    I look forward to seeing photos of your trip to Prince Edward Island. I loved the 3 videos of the story. I watched them with my girls some years ago. Unfortunately, I never grew up with the book for some reason and only got to know Anne Shirley when I was an adult. It wasn't too late to be smitten by the whole story and place thing though

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Wendy, the Anne videos are truly lovely arent they...I absolutely loved them... but the books are really worth a read for the delightful speach and the writing style too. perhaps you could listen to them on audio book(from your library) while you paint?

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...make my day. I love our mini-mails!