Saturday, June 27, 2015

Early Birds

Early Birds - watercolour -SOLD
I painted this watercolour a few years ago, shortly after we had moved to the countryside north of Kingston, and I spent a lot of time looking at the atmospheric conditions of the landscapes around me. It sold this week; nice to find a home for an 'old friend'. It's been a long while since I worked in mainly watercolours; I got interested in working in oils and then kind of never went back to them. I think this happens to lots of artists over time.  The whole idea is to keep a 'flow' going while working, and that becomes hard while jumping back and forth using different mediums, I find it easier to stick with one.  So that's why I dont do watercolours much anymore.
Enjoyed a wonderful week with Rachel & Ella home this week; brunch downtown and picnic in the park. Here we are having brunch at Pan Chancho on Wednesday morning.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Sally! Just a quick note to let you know I am still out here checking out your wonderful art! My shoulder is still not where it should be and I so miss painting and making art! Love your art and your posts!
    Take care!
    Michael
    (Love watching Women's World Cup Soccer on television! Canada is doing a fantastic hosting job! Love seeing all the different venues! US against Germany Tuesday from Montreal!)
    Take care.
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Michael, glad to know you are still enjoying art even if you cant make it at the moment. things take longer to heal as we get older...I hope you'll be back to your old self soon, and painting away.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...make my day. I love our mini-mails!