Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Oh Canada! Happy Canada Day

Tulip Festival - oil on panel - 9 x 12
click here to purchase

Happy Canada Day Everybody!  This is the first rainy Canada Day that I can remember.  Usually it is spectacular weather on July 1st...but then it's been a bit of a weird year as far as weather goes generally.  
The tulip festival in Ottawa is an inspiration for me whenever I go, especially early in the morning before all the tourists arrive, and it's difficult to actually see the beds.  This oil on panel study is a springboard for larger works.


2 comments:

  1. Love this beautiful painting Sally! Love Canada! Happy Canada Day! Our wedding anniversary is on July 1! Spent our honeymoon in Canada and was happy to celebrate our wedding with all the wonderful Canadians on July 1!
    Bravo!
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Michael! How nice that our whole country celebrates your wedding anniversary! I hope you will come back and do it again sometime:)...the summer is definately nicer than the winter months.

      Delete

Go ahead...make my day. I love our mini-mails!