Wednesday, February 5, 2014

winter winter everywhere

Mont Tremblant 4 - 5x7 - SOLD
Painting was a refreshing change in Mont Tremblant, good to have the creativity reservoir topped up.  The scenery is different than from around here, and that always inspires me.  I am primarily a landscape artist, there's no denying it...it is what I notice as I go through life.   I worked on 'plein air' views from the chalet I was staying in, mostly. Here is another 5 x7 one, looking up the hill in front of the chalet, we had some nice weather which brought out the sun frequently, and kept the bitter winds at bay.

This little guy has the right idea, below.   love his enthusiasm for life.

And while I'm posting vids...have you checked out facebooks 10 year birthday present to their members?  cant really blame them for getting some of the dates wrong but, hey, otherwise a pretty sweet idea.
 

2 comments:

  1. Sally I LOVE your painting!! I love the blues - I can really feel the softness of the snow and the icy temperatures. I'm so enjoying seeing all these snowy scenes. How wonderful to have your creative reservoir topped up. I too find the same thing happens every time I go away. Sometimes even just local outings can do the same.
    The video is just gorgeous, I had tears in my eyes watching it. Gives hope for a bright future for humanity with kids like this in the world! Happy painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sally,

    Great painting. Thank you so much. Plus thanks for the video. I love Kid President. I hope you don't mind if I share it on FaceBook. He always makes me want to laugh and cry at the same time. What an amazing little boy. Did you see the one where he meets Obama? It is wonderful too.

    XOXOXO Barbara

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...make my day. I love our mini-mails!