Monday, September 8, 2014

Ontario tomorrow

It's coming to an end. My time with Ella and Rachel and Matt. It's been the most special time getting to know my new little grand daughter. I've been here for 9 days and tomorrow I will fly back to Ontario, but I will take a bit of Ella home with me in my heart.  

Painting, this week has been on the back burner, or I should say, the night burner.   Matt and Rachel's house has a lovely downstairs bedroom and sitting room that I have been staying in.  When we say goodnight and they all head to bed, I head downstairs.  Usually I'm not in the mood to go to sleep right away, so I stay up and paint a little with my travel watercolour set. Tonight it's three 8x 2inch  watercolours; just enough to satisfy my need to paint, but not a big commitment.  
Burning the night oil seems a good way to wind down before I go to bed.  At home I  rarely paint at night.  I like painting first thing in the morning if I can, it's when I have my best energy.  My mind is fresh and rested after sleep, it's easier to focus and commit myself to the task at hand.  I get so immersed in painting at that time.  Often when I'm ready to take a break after a few hours, it's a complete surprise to me that it's nearly noon!(and I'm still in my pyjamas rinsing out my paintbrushes.

8 comments:

  1. Love these three - the first one is my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful little watercolours. The first one is my favourite too. Hope you had a good journey home and not too hard to say goodbye to Ella, Rachel and Matt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work Sally,
    and welcome home. What a magical time it must have been with your first grandchild. Thank you for sharing that, and as always your lovely art.

    XOXOXOXOXOXO Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Keith! it was fun to change things up and play with the watercolour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sarah, journey home was easy and yes it was tough to say goodbye, but I felt so priviliged, so I'm happy I got to be there. I'll be in touch soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks Barbara! happy Sep 12th and onwards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So professional with a lovely emotional quality.
    it is a delight to find your blog. I thank you for visiting mine. I am now a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm delighted to have you as a follower Julie. I was awed by your work on your blog. Welcome!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...make my day. I love our mini-mails!