Monday, October 13, 2014

weekend rework

On the Patio - rework - 30 x 30
Just spent a lovely 2 days with friends in Smiths Falls for Thanksgiving weekend, which was absolutely spectacular weather-wise. Much outdoor work was accomplished(if not by me) and socializing over croquet and wine's on the patio. A delicious turkey dinner for 14 by candlelight was a highlight last night.  The break  was just what I needed.  We came back this afternoon and I headed for the studio pretty much after we got unpacked. I had been thinking about reworking 'On the Patio' and painting in my head while I was away! ha ha...it never really stops.   So this is where I am now, and I'm feeling like I can almost hear it 'singing'.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving Sally! Sounds like a great meal and a great time! We in US have to wait until end of November for our "Turkey Day!" Love this Patio scene! I so love your art Sally! Soothes the soul!
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sally,

    You describe the artist's obsession so joyfully. Sometimes that preoccupation is more like torment.
    I love how things do resolve in your mind when you escape the work, even to go in the next room sometimes.
    And this is a beauty.

    XOXOXOXOXO Barbara

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...make my day. I love our mini-mails!