Sunday, November 1, 2015

Today in Vermont



Fall Colours - 6x8 oil on panel
I'm on the last day of my Vermont interlude, on the road home tomorrow. Lucked in with sunshine for 2 full days and had a great time hiking the forest trails, hanging with girlfriends and painting too. I didn't paint outdoors cuz the wind was crazy, but I was happy to make 8 small panel 'starts' from the comfort of the chalet east facing picture window.  The blue hills create a dynamic contrast against the fall colours. These panels will no doubt evolve a bit more when I get them home to the studio, will probably work into them again.  The colours on some of the trees are gorgeous, though the majority of the leaves have already fallen.

4 comments:

  1. Your Vermont interlude sounded wonderful productive as well as a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. It was a wonderful interlude Wendy, although it started off a bit fretful...forgot my passport and only remembered about 1 hour from the border, had to back track 3 hours to pick it up to cross over.!!! senile moment for sure.

      Delete
    2. Oh, what a pain having to back-track so far! I would have been gnashing my teeth the whole way!

      Delete

Go ahead...make my day. I love our mini-mails!