Thursday, November 26, 2015

Recap from the weekend

A friend came by at the Thousand Islands Art Fair on the weekend and said "Did you intentionally dress to match your paintings?"  ha ha ha!!  I hadn't even realized this when I threw on my glad rags that morning...  she took a picture of me , then I saw what she meant.
It was a very successful weekend for me, lots of people came out for the show, and I had lots of sales which was just like an early Christmas present!  Sold 5 out of 8 small panels that I had painted while in Vermont a few weeks ago. 
 
my set up at the show

There was a very sad and shocking end to the event though(which I didn't find out about until the next morning)...a fellow artist picking up road signs after the show was badly injured after a nasty fall  and had surgery on Monday for multiple breaks in one leg.  Her car ran over her other foot, but surprisingly it was unaffected.  A bad ending to a fun weekend art show.

4 comments:

  1. Sally, what a great display of your beautiful art and other creations! You look gorgeous too! Congratulations on your successful day. Sorry to hear about your fellow artist - I hope she makes a quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Wendy, thanks for your kind thoughts. have a wonderful December.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations Sally,

    No wonder those beauties sold. And you do look like a match. Wonderful, and so sorry for your fellow artist. That is terrible.

    XOXOXOXOXOXO Barbara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey Barbara, hope your super duper wonder gallery opening was a big success too. Aren't we just the luckiest (and happiest) to be able to share our art in this way? Your big black and white abstracts are very impressive.

      Delete

Go ahead...make my day. I love our mini-mails!