Sunday, May 15, 2016

the neurotic nature of re-working

work in progress - 12 x 16
Yesterday I started re-working a painting that I had previously scraped down, because it bugged me...I went in with cobalt blues and glazing 3/4 of the board and I can actually say that I'm liking the direction it's taking now.  There is something that seems a bit neurotic to me about spending all day painting, only to scrape it all off, then spend umpteen hours contemplating if I might be able to bring it back to life in some way.  ha!  I think it's the challenge of ressurecting something that's failed.  anyways.......

work in progress - 12 x 16
While waiting on glazes to dry I got interested in some resource photos I took at Frontenac Provincial Park on my ipad a while back, then before I knew what was what I was squeezing out oils onto another palette to start on this beaver dam.   It felt good to just follow where the muse led.

2 comments:

  1. An artist I met in New York started talking about rules and how they hamper us. I think she's right. Look how wonderful your paintings are!

    XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Barbara, they're coming along.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...make my day. I love our mini-mails!