Monday, March 18, 2013

getting started

Emily Fennell - the polka dot master
Today we got started painting our door!  We are combining themes of interest that represent both of us, music for Emily, art for me.  The music and art is piping out of chimneys and windows, over the rooftops, and under the night sky of a funky little heritage town:) We have a general idea what we want, but the paint and the application of it is giving us surprises we hadn't expected to encounter, like transluscent colours when we need opaque, etc etc.  I'm sure we will make decisions as we progress that we hadn't originally planned...but that's the fun of it. That's Emily applying a polka-dot border, and below making music:)

1 comment:

  1. How fun this looks. I can't wait to see the finished product.

    XO Barbara

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...make my day. I love our mini-mails!