Sunday, March 17, 2013

The Red Door Art Project beginnings...




Tomorrow Emily and I are getting together to work on our Red Door Art Project.  We already met 2 weeks ago to brainstorm ideas and we have a few design sketches figured out to work from. The designs are cartoon like in the sketches, but I want to encourage freedom in application. I think it would be nice to be as expressive as possible. 

polka dots?
Originally we thought about doing a thin checkerboard border to grab the eye...but I'm starting to feel that might be too constrained; so I've been thinking perhaps of trying polka dots instead...I will chat about it with Emily tomorrow when we get painting. We are planning a palette of warm tones, red, orange, purple etc. The door is all ready for us on the easle now.  The back and sides are bright red, and we are going to keep that consisitency in the front borders too.


3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing what you ladies come up with~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sally,

    I thought I'd told you how exciting this is. Can't wait to see it develop.

    XO Barbara

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...make my day. I love our mini-mails!