Sunday, April 13, 2014

Small panels


3 oil on panels - each, 6x8"
I've been working on these small panels while I've been travelling.  The perfect size in this environment as they're low commitment, smooth and slick for quick colour studies.  This helps me to work out ideas and design, HAVE FUN(key words) and when I post them it kind of works like 'standing back and viewing' them.  Allows me to see in a nutshell what works and what isn't. Right now I feel the one on the right will get some more attention when next i get out the brushes.

8 comments:

  1. You have been busy! Lovely little studies - you must be feeling inspired. Looking forward to seeing all your holiday pieces when you get home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy busy in art makes Sally a happy camper! Thanks for your positive comments Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sally,

    I like all of them. I love working small too! All sizes are good. So glad you're having fun!

    XOXOXOXO

    Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so interesting to me to see how other artists study their ideas and decide which pieces will become larger works, etc. These are all so pretty, and each carries a little story and a unique mood, yet when they're all together they make a story as a grouping. I love that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All three are gorgeous Sally! You always make painting look effortless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Barbara,
    It seems small is all I'm able to get to these days, but I do have a hankering to break out some large canvas's soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Katherine,
    thanks for leaving me a comment. I was so excited to get it:). I agree I love to see how other artists work too. I love your paintings. They are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi Wendy, the little ones are definately a joy for me to do. thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...make my day. I love our mini-mails!