Tuesday, January 6, 2015

be curious

Orchard - oil on canvas - 24 x 20 inch
"If you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do".  Walt Disney said that. He's right. Curiosity leads to things. 
With the holidays over and the first week of the new year seeming like a vast plain of possibilities, I headed for my studio yesterday for the first time in two weeks.  Beginning again, when there's been a significant pause in flow was challenging. Half baked projects I'd been working on before the holidays offered little or no inspiration. 
An old canvas glared at me. I didn't like it's tone.  
Before I knew it that canvas was on the easle...and curiosity was the leader, which felt right for the first week of the new year.  No obligations, no rules, the road un-travelled.




1 comment:

  1. Lovely painting and great thought. Curiosity is a good leader. Super way to start the year.

    XOXOXOXOXO Barbara

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...make my day. I love our mini-mails!