Sunday, June 1, 2014

art show display walls

This morning I started thinking about a few of the art shows I'm going to be doing this summer, and how I hang my work.  I had used a concrete reinforcement grid once before,  but it didn't stand up by itself, and had to be supported by 2 easels, which altogether wasn't very satisfactory. I kept thinking...there's got to be a more simple, lightweight, easy to assemble solution to get it to stand, but I wasn't getting anywhere.  Now, I swear my hubby's middle name is MacGyver!  He came up with a brilliant idea of making a frame and legs of pvc piping!  ...and now I have 2 awesome free standing walls that I can take the legs off for storage and transporting.  You can see in the picture they are slightly different sizes; can be configured in an L shape or used individually. In strong winds I might need a guy wire to secure them. Woohoo! Displaying works just got a little easier!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Sally,
    These look awesome what a great idea.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful. How great!

    XOXOXOXO Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah and Barbara! Yes I'm thrilled with them! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful to have a clever and supporting husband!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes Wendy, he's a gem, and I'm lucky I know it.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...make my day. I love our mini-mails!