Thursday, June 5, 2014

watercolour - think i nailed it

My previous post about painting warmth without the use of yellow seemed to work out okay.  It took some planning to layer those light washes, but overall I'm good with the outcome.  It's quite a side-step for me to get in the frame of mind to paint in watercolours when I am primarily interested in painting in oils these days.  However the commission required a lighter touch...so I thought perhaps a watercolour would work better for this client. Fingers crossed xxx! 

10 comments:

  1. Wow! You most definitely nailed it! This is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you certainly nailed it all right!! Sally this is stunning! Is there nothing you cannot do?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Katherine, appreciate your feedback!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Wendy,
    Thanks for the vote of confidance...my client is coming this morning to have a look at the piece, so hoping she's as thrilled:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You nailed it for sure, and the client is going to love it. Guaranteed.

    XOXOXOXOXO Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nailed you did Sally! You are so very talented! Your client is definitely going to be thrilled. I find it so stressful to do commissioned work! I am always so concerned that the client won't be happy! You have nothing like that to worry about!
    Bravo!
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks Barbara, you were right, she did!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks Michael! Yes commissions do add stress, but also a challenge, which I like.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just lovely. So pleased the client is happy. It so delicate and you have captured the dappled light wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Sarah! I felt good about it, and the client was very happy!...so I was too:)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...make my day. I love our mini-mails!