Wednesday, January 21, 2015

#3in5artchallenge on facebook

Today I was nominated for the #3in5artchallenge  on facebook, by my artist blogger & friend, Barbara Muir.  Thank you Barbara  for the nomination!  The idea is to spread 'art love' a little.  Each artist nominated is challenged to post 3 works each day for 5 days.  
The 3 paintings I am posting today are my 1st day challenge, and they are from my Pastoral collection, painted a couple of years ago. these 3 are from studies of twilight falling on the land near where I live.  All are oil on canvas, and all gone to new homes now.  
One sort of interesting thing to notice while doing a challenge's like this is seeing the growth in artist's style of painting over the passage of time. 
 The artist who I nominated for the 1st day of the challenge is Victoria's happy artist Linny D. Vine.  I met Linny on a trip to Victoria a number of years ago, she is really lovely.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sally,

    Lovely work. I better see if we're friends on Facebook, because I haven't seen your work on Facebook yet.

    I will check that out! Super, super work.

    XOXOXOXO Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these are amazing Sally! SO atmospheric it hurts!!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...make my day. I love our mini-mails!