Wednesday, March 6, 2013

March on...


March!  Yes...I love this month...it holds such promise.  The spring equinox is on March 20th.  That is also my Holly's birthday. I watched a program on tv last night which explained about the ancient Mayan civilization creating a temple who's architecture lights up in the form of a snake when the suns rays are cast upon it on March 20th.  The temple is in Chichin Itza. 
I am marching along with my beachy house blocks. I'm having heaps of fun with them. Something about the sea...makes me feel like i'm on holidays.  Speaking of holidays...I'm excited because in April, we are heading to Florida...hmmm...more beach resources. ha .

4 comments:

  1. Oh this is really interesting...maybe I'll have to add Chichin Itza to my bucket list. I really just adore these little beach houses...theyre so bright and fresh~ A nice contrast to the dreary winter...but the sun is out today!! And me too...cant wait for Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sally!
    Love your Beach Houses! Great colors! Warm!
    Enjoy Florida!
    Big storm in my neck of the woods! Heavy wet snow and powerful winds! Bring on Spring!
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Holly,
    Yes i was so intrigued to learn about the spring equinox...thought you'd enjoy that too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michael,
    Yes the warmth is what I'm after while painting these ones...I'm sick of winter too!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...make my day. I love our mini-mails!