Tuesday, December 31, 2013

It's a Wrap!

Hello on this last day of December, 2013!  It is snowing a fog outside my window, but I have already finished the errands I needed this morning before it began full force, and now I am happy to be snug indoors, making soup.  
Reflecting on 2013, I have heaps to be thankful for!  Love and health of course are at the top of the list. In art, one of the best things I ever did was to make the decision to make more time for my art. I quit my job at the frame shop 3 years ago now, and since then I have been growing my little art business slowly and steadily, and at the same time growing my art with each painting.  The final month of this year has really been a boom and I couldn't be more delighted!
Janet with Rome Nights I and II
Yesterday morning I stopped at the house of my friend Janet as she was so excited and wanted to show me where she hung up her two new paintings Rome Nights and Rome Nights II.  I hadn't remembered that Janet had lived in Rome a number of years ago for 4 months.  So when her husband Dave gave her a gift box under the Christmas tree with a coupon allowing her to pick out a 'Sally Chupick original'  on Christmas morning, she started checking out my website and identified strongly with the Rome Nights paintings.  
Personally I couldn't be happier for them to reside with my dear friend Janet.  Those paintings are special to me..they were painted to record and evoke the mood and atmosphere experienced in the sultry Italian evenings dining and wandering in the old city cafe's and piazza's, and at the same time I purposely tilted the perspectives to give them more personality...the thing that pleases me so much is that Janet understands their quirkiness and enjoys them.  But then, that's Janet too.  He broke the mold after He created her.  She's so special!

4 comments:

  1. Yay Sally, beautiful work, and I'm so happy for you.
    Happy New Year!

    XOXOXO Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your post Sally! It all sounded so cosy with the soup simmering and snow outside! I'm so pleased to hear that your art is taking off for you - and there's no surprise there!
    I love how a special friend of yours is enjoying your work in her own home.
    All the best for a wonderful 2014!
    Onwards and upwards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Barbara! It sure made my day to know that Janet loved them.
    Happy New Year to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Wendy, So nice to hear from you, and thank you for all your affirmations about my art. Happy New Year! I wonder if you were participating in the shark cull protest? I saw it on the news last night and thought of you out in Perth. It looked so lovely and warm there!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...make my day. I love our mini-mails!