Tuesday, June 24, 2014

in the park

Couldn't have asked for better weather for the art in the park show this past weekend in Ottawa...my booth was right next to lovely Patterson Pond in the Glebe central park, fairly close to one of the entrance/exits so that was quite nice, because I wasn't sure what to expect.  It was a great show for getting new eyes on my work.  I'd do it again...maybe next year, we'll see.  I always feel pretty tired after doing shows...mostly because of being 'on'...chatting people up, etc.  Artists spend a lot of solitary time in studio's so I'm not used to being so 'full on' all day.  

While I was at the park doing my thing all day on Saturday, Holly and Jeff were hosting a breakfast for the scavenger hunt crew.  One of their friends Ang, had organized a special scavenger hunt game all over the city of Ottawa in honour of their upcoming wedding.(Holly and Jeff did NOT want a bachelor-ette or stag party, so this was suggested instead; fun!)  There was Team Bride and Team Groom...ya, Team Groom were the winners!! Pretty funny, some of the things they had to do, like play leap frog on Parliament hill, get a picture of a stranger dancing on a table...etc etc.


2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great weekend. Wish I could have been there.

    XOXOXOXOXO Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was Barbara! Wouldn't it be fun to do a show together sometime? think about it.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...make my day. I love our mini-mails!