Tuesday, July 14, 2015

July morning




My garden is thriving despite my neglect.  Yesterday I cut my first Mr. Lincoln rose bloom for the table, a gigantic scarlet red bloom at least 5 inches across! Two of my rose plants have been decimated by some sort of insect, but 4 of them are still thriving away.
It took me most of the day to unload my art and supplies which I had left in the truck overnight on Sunday after I got back from the Art in the Barn show in Smiths Falls.  It was a good feeling to get it all completed yesterday, change up the porch gallery space again, knowing now I can settle in for the rest of the summer.  Well ...that is unless the house sells quickly; I hear we had a very busy open house on Sunday! 
Meanwhile I'll be enjoying this summertime weather, and getting back into the studio again. yay.



3 comments:

  1. Beautiful video. What a glorious time of year. I hope you get to enjoy the rest of the summer at your house, and then sell at a super price.

    XOXOXOXOXO Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Barbara. You're right it is magical in the garden this month. Hope you are enjoying yours too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous garden you have Sally and how proud you must be of that uber bloom!! Good luck with selling the house!
    P.S. I also commented on your cow and tulip painting the other day just if you didn't see them!:)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...make my day. I love our mini-mails!