Thursday, April 30, 2015

Love, Friends and a Springy Flingy

Mini blocks -oil on wood - 2.5 x 3.5 inch
Mini block paintings were on my agenda yesterday; I got going on some rural scenes. I LOVE painting these tiny pastoral mini's, I get such a peaceful feeling while immersed in their creation.  They're  fun to have on hand at my art shows, even quite popular.  I think it's the price point, but cant argue with economics:)

Went for coffee with some art pals yesterday. One of them, Roz Bechtel, has an exhibition on at Windmills restaurant, so really wanted to see it. Impressed.  Roz paints the sea and everything about it; she's a maritime girl, in her blood.  She and her husband have a home in  PEI, she'll be near the coast she loves this summer.  I'm hoping to get a chance to join her there at some point, I'd love to paint again in PEI for a few days.  Maybe combine it with a visit to see my daughter & grandaughter ... I'm gonna ask the universe to arrange it!  2 of Roz's small paintings are in my porch gallery this summer, next to my beach hut's watercolours... a little bit of the seaside for the porch.



ROOTY TOOT TOOTY!!! SPRING ART SHOW on May 23 & 24th weekend!!! This is a fairly new one; in it's 2nd year, with a really gorgeous setting.  
It's at an old mill just off highway 15 at Lower Brewers Locks.  The mill belongs to Randal and Darlene Doner, both local artists.  Randal's famous metal work garden sculpture is featured throughout the lawns and property, where folks can wander and enjoy the gardens by the river. Would be great to see you there!  10-4 Sat & Sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead...make my day. I love our mini-mails!