Saturday, January 9, 2016

Corner Steps

Corner Steps - oil on panel - 5 x 7 inch
This oil sketch is from the same place as my previous post, but a different angle.  I even used the same palette colours, but because I had a different ground colour on the panel, it has given quite a different light effect, less of a golden light than the previous one. The ground for this one was an ugly shade of naples yellow from Pabeo.  I've never really liked working with Pabeo paints, but have a few in my paint box that I'm trying to use up.  I also struggled with the cerelean blue I was using,  which is a cheap DeSerres brand.  I wont be buying any more of it.  I really love nothing better than Winsor & Newton cerelean blue, it's the creamiest one on the market and the best in my opinion.

2 comments:

  1. Love this Sally, you make it look so effortless! It is interesting to see how different the tones are because of the ground you used. The previous one does have a prettier golden light but this one is lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Wendy, well we all know it's not effortless, but tis a labour of love to be sure. The one with the more golden light was painted with a light red ground...this one with a naples yellow ground.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...make my day. I love our mini-mails!