Sunday, January 10, 2016

Sunny Ways - The Steps

The Steps - oil on panel - 9x12
The sunshine wasn't on these steps in my photo reference. I made it up, which was fun.  I'm happy with the way it turned out, because I was a little nervous about doing it. I sort of feel that steps and doorways can have a feeling of 'promise', or at least they do when the sun spills across them. I've been told that a proposal happened on these steps, which to me was all the more reason to create a mood of hope and optimism.  I've been happily married for 38 years, so I'm a believer in one story, one love, one dream.

4 comments:

  1. Well constructed Sally. Love the story of the proposal, and your own happy story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Sally, great story and a really beautiful painting. I love how you made up the light. Artistic license!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Laurie,
      loved your little orange bird today. artistic license is where it's at, huh?

      Delete

Go ahead...make my day. I love our mini-mails!