Wednesday, July 23, 2014

my lil book

A couple of years ago I created a small picture book with text that welcomes the reader to our little city of Kingston.  The images I selected to illustrate it came from several years of me painting in and around the Kingston area.  It took me a long while to find the words to fit the images; the paintings were after all the catalyst for the book.  It took even longer to sort out a version that agreed with me aesthetically, that was also possible for my pocketbook when it came to self-publishing it.  The book is an 8x8 soft cover, 20 pages in colour.  It was a fun project, and it's nice to have a record of the paintings in print, a compact memento that fits easily on a shelf.  It's rather old news but the new news is that this week I posted the book on my website so folks can purchase online.  
Wedding preps are in full swing around here, this Saturday is the big weekend!

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea of how to introduce people to Kingston - through your wonderful paintings :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a nice-looking book. Nothing brings impact to the table than a simply well-done print work. It elevates the material and makes its finer, grander details stand out, which can be missed on the first run. So yep, looking forward to getting a good look on the pages. Kudos to you!

    Faye Fowler @ Master Copy Print

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...make my day. I love our mini-mails!