Monday, November 19, 2012

Winter window boxes

The gallery entrance is looking festive. On Saturday i was Sun Harvest Greenhouse which is located in Glenburnie, not too far from me.  They have some great ideas for Christmas outdoor garden decor. I treated myself and bought this window box. That inspired me to get cracking and make some myself.

It was such a beautiful November Sunday yesterday, that at 3 o'clock i took a break from painting.  I ventured outside to see  about adding a few more window treatments.  I found some old barnboard near the barn behind the house, it was great to cover an old plastic window box.  
I added some spruce and some dried hydrangea heads from the garden, and... voila..!  I used an old apple basket for the smaller window box.  I'm going to keep my eyes peeled and see if I can find a little holly with berries on it for the final touch.

1 comment:

Go ahead...make my day. I love our mini-mails!